THE LONG & SHORT OF IT is not a card trick.
THE LONG & SHORT OF IT is not a coin trick.
THE LONG & SHORT OF IT is David Regal’s magical explosion of the classic boomerang illusion, a complete performance piece packed with amazement and amusement, suitable for all ages. Laughs and gasps combine as pieces of wood appear to change size in ever more intriguing colorful combinations.
An elegant burgundy sack contains four brightly-painted pieces of custom-crafted wood. The theme of the routine can be tailored to one’s audience:
- A demonstration of audience hypnosis
- A reenactment of the time you taught kindergartners
- A look at poor quality control
- The reason you failed geometry
- The miracle of “adjustable wood”
- The power of suggestion
- What happened when you tried to assemble that thing from IKEA
- The techniques behind Classical Architecture (Regal’s routine)
THE LONG & SHORT OF IT adds elements to the classic prop that are doorways to comic opportunity and magical mayhem. It’s three minutes of fun, overflowing with moments of astonishment – that’s THE LONG & SHORT OF IT.